Sales Engineer (Software)
At Windward we turn document generation from something that’s slow, painful & limited into something that is enjoyable & easy. As a Sales Engineer you are helping people evaluating our software solve the problems they are facing— often in a way that is brilliant. This role is part technical support, part project management, and yes, part cheerleader. Success in this job is doing your best to delight the prospect (and then customer).
You are working with a team that is cooperative & motivated. And more importantly, one that is focused on doing their best for the customer. Employees at the company work well together and are there for each other. Windward is a place where you will enjoy working with your co-workers, others will step up to help you when needed, and your work matters—a lot.
This is a customer-facing sales role for the person with a blend of technical and people skills! Lead online/web product demos to technical and business audiences, create and deliver online training seminars and serve as a technical resource to the sales and marketing teams. If you have a CS background but prefer conversing with people over writing code, this position is for you!
- Work with product and sales teams to interpret customer requirements and deliver solutions with the end-goal of sales in mind
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations that explain key technical aspects and benefits of our solution
- Work closely with prospects to set up and maintain a successful trial period and/or proof of concept and problem-solve through any hurdle
- Deliver live product training webinars
- Join account executives on calls to provide prospects with technical advice
- Create and update technical articles for our public knowledge base
- Provide technical support to prospects and new customers
- Provide feedback on process & product improvements
General desired experience:
- Prior experience providing Technical Sales Support for a Software Product
- Minimum 3 years of work experience (preferably at a smaller company)
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively
- Ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated and confident
- Patience (!) and an excellent phone manner
Familiarity/experience for some or all of the following:
- Basic programming skills—Java or C# (to answer questions about calling our API)
- Solid experience with SQL (writing selects to pull data using complex criteria)
- General knowledge of web application deployment on web application servers (Weblogic, IIS, etc.)
- Understanding of how to architect multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of XPath (XML, OData, and/or JSON) (preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint—advanced layout & formatting (ideal)
Some travel and participation in tradeshows may be required (<5%)
Resumes to PeopleOps@windward.net—we look forward to hearing from you!