XML DataSource + Windward
A Match Made in Heaven
As an organization, part of your responsibility is to ensure creating documents and reports as smooth as possible using XML data source and XPath. However, this might become a challenge if you are faced with big data.
What used to be whistle-while-you-work kind of thing can stress you out.
Most companies work with XML as their core source of data. It is one of the most powerful database sources that can be well-integrated into different channels. This is why Windward ensures to address the needs of those that work with XML and XPath 2.0.
When XML data, along with schema to provide typing, and XPath 2.0 for effective queries work together, it can actually become as powerful as an SQL data source. In fact, Windward functions fine without schema, but can do a lot more with it to extract information pertaining to specific data types.
Windward can import the necessary data from the XML file to create reports in any MS Office application.
Create Marvelous Reports Right in MS Office With XPath Wizard
What’s good about Windward is that it does not take away the users from the applications they have already grown accustomed with. The program can be integrated with MS Office applications as a set of added features.
It will empower the users to use MS Office applications without any issues and access better functionalities that will let them import XML data files to use for their report generation.
This function is now a lot easier with Windward Report Designer’s XPath Wizard. The Wizard provides a simple and user-friendly interface to create an XPath that can range from simple to very complex.
The coolest feature of the wizard is its narrative style layout. With this, queries can be built easily and it can be viewed live side by side with the changes made. Equally significant, Windward does not make XML be like SQL (tables with columns), instead it works with the DOM tree interface managing any level of nodes, both complex and recursive types among others.
Benefits of the XPath Wizard in Windward Report Designer:
- It is perfectly compatible with any pre-built template in MS Office. Or, you can create one of your own from scratch but still access the XPath features
- The wizard can also let the users use more than one XML file in a single template or reporting. This is advantageous if the reporting needs to do cross-checking between different sets of data.Moreover, a user can also blend in other formats like JSON and SQL
- Because of its automated system, a user can generate nice-looking reports in just seconds!
- Lastly, the reports can be produced in a wide array of available formats
In a nutshell, Windward is a document and report-generating tool that can be swiftly integrated (with just 13 lines of code) into existing applications for added functionality. Its goal is to ensure a hassle-free way of creating reports. Moreover, its environment is intuitive too,so you can generate documents with minimal manual work!
Features and Advantages:
- Full Design Control: Windward comes with a Report Designer that can be installed as a plugin in MS Office applications. In a way, it provides additional options to users without having to leave the environment of their preferred program.
- Quick Install: The installation process of Windward is swift and easy. It takes only a few minutes and just a click of a button. In no time, you will get to enjoy its wide range of document generation options!
- Better Output: With Windward’s smart functionalities and features, you can create amazing documents with superb layouts. Since there is an option to import XML data, you do not have to squander time in checking its accuracy and focus your attention on creating beautiful document layouts.