Time for another roadmap update. This one is on the engine & AutoTag. There will be another on the Arrow shortly.
The final release of version 8 will be out shortly and it will include:
- Support for gauges.
- A better implementation of how we use the Ribbon.
Over the next 6 months or so we will be implementing the following. Please keep in mind that priorities can change and so the below items are not guaranteed, nor is the order locked in. But the below is the present plan and the numbering is the order in which we presently have them scheduled:
- Use setParam() for variables in a SQL select. This is discussed in more detail here.
- Read SSRS RDL files for both data sources and report elements. We are converting our UDTs to use the RDL files, but we have to add a number of additional properties when we save our UDTs as the RDL format is pretty limited (which I think means SSRS is pretty limited).
- Convert RDL files to Windward templates.
- Expand the macro processor functionality for tags. This will eliminate the need for the function tag.
- Add Excel conditional formatting support – for all formats, not just XLS(X)
- Display the tags using a better mechanism (this may be Office 2007 and later only).
- Implement the switch statement.
- Implement report to email.
- Improve the charting engine to provide prettier charts (this is more significant for Java as we have a very pretty .NET renderer).
- Table & matrix wizards (this is two different things).
- Handle the new file elements in the Office 2010 file formats.
There are a number of other items that are not worth listing above. And as always, we pay close attention to what is suggested on our ideas page. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email me.
Thanks - dave