Excel Reports as you Want Them
Windward enables you to turn your data into powerful data visualizations quickly and easily as Excel output. You'll not only be able to explore and analyze your data in minutes with Windward, but you'll have a perfectly designed worksheet.
- Design the template for your report in Excel. With Excel as the design tool, the generated XLSX is exactly what you want.
- Business users can design their own report templates.
- Connect to any datasource to populate your template.
- The generated XLSX has its equations adjusted to match the cells used in the generated report.
- 10 additional reasons Excel is a superb report template tool.
Windward to the Rescue
Windward, one of the leading reporting solutions provider offers the best report generation tool. Now, creating reports in Excel format is easy as a breeze.
Want to know the best part? — our template creation tool is not a new program to learn - it's Excel.
This means that you do not have to waste your time learning a new software. You can simply integrate it with your existing MS Office Suite and you are good to go! When implemented, Windward will come as a ribbon inside the environment of MS Excel. So, what used to be the limited functionality of this application is now expanded by Windward. With Windward’s help, generating reports in XLSX format just became easier!
The Process of Excel Report Design
There really is no fuss. It is pretty straightforward when it comes to excel report design and generation. When you install Windward in MS Office, you can pull up data from external databases such as JSON, SQL, XML, and many others. In just a few clicks of the buttons, your data will be displayed in MS Excel.
After this, you can proceed with the editing of your template, format, and layout. This is the fun part. And quite frankly, the easiest. You are already familiar with Excel so you know where to find the tools that will make your XLSX file a lot more visually appealing and intuitive. Another department that can benefit from this integration is the developers’ department. Since databases are quite technical, it is expected that developers are the ones that should work with it to create reports. However, when the company needs to improve, the developers must focus on their core job. By integrating Windward into Excel, one does not need to deal with the complex setup. All they need is an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
The focus is on the design. So, if you can imagine your reports being formatted in Excel, then it is very much possible to do so. It is a real time saver. Plus, everyone can focus on their respective roles in the organization.
Did we mention that Windward can also pull up data from different data sources? Yes! If your data comes from different databases whether it’s XML, SQL, or JSON! You can simplify your reports and merge all your pertinent data in one file!
Why Use Excel
A lot of businesses actually prefer their reports to be made in Excel and saved in the XLSX format. But, why? What does Excel have that makes it a good preference?
- Charts: Excel supports the creation of literally every single chart type. You can create pie graphs, bar graphs, and line charts easily with Excel.
- Conditional Formatting: Computations and data organization is made easier and more interactive because you can set rules for conditional formatting.
- Online Access: Like all the other MS Office programs, XLSX files can also be easily accessed online from cloud servers.
For over the last ten years, Windward has continuously strived to satisfy a lot of businesses worldwide with our innovative reporting solutions. Our goal is to constantly improve our reporting and document generation products while continuing to introduce new solutions for better business operations. We are here to make your reporting process a walk in the park.