What's new in Version 16.1
- Reorganized Ribbon (Report Designer – Office Edition)
The ribbon menus have been re-organized and consolidated to improve the report design workflow
- Boolean Conditional Wizard (Report Designer – Office Edition)
Before, conditional statements could only be written manually. Now they can also be built using our intuitive Wizard interface.
- Stored Procedure Wizard (Report Designer – Office Edition)
This works for all tag types that are connected to a SQL-based data source (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, or DB2).
- New and Improved Datasets (Report Designer – Office Edition, Java Engine, .NET Engine)
Datasets have been re-written from scratch to be more powerful and easier to use.
- New Output Format – PostScript (Java Engine, .NET Engine, RESTful Engine)
PostScript, commonly used with printers and printing companies, has been added as an additional output format.
- New Output Formats – BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, SVG (Java Engine, .NET Engine)
New image output formats added
- Time Zones Conversion (All Products)
A new Windward macro has been added to help with converting dates and times from UTC time to the local time zone.
- 'Shrink to Fit' in Excel (All Products)
This will shrink the contents of a cell until it fits the defined cell size.
- Data Bin Search (Report Designer – Office Edition)
The Data Bin can now be searched to find a table, column, node or other piece of data without scrolling through it all.
- Appendix A – Java code for multi-page image output
- Appendix B - .NET code for multi-page image output